Replay response allows you to record the actual HTTP response, then replay it in subsequent requests without hitting the actual server. You can also edit the recorded response to make it return your desired response.
- Replay a slow or costly backend request to speed up UI development
- Modify a backend response to return different data
- Modify the status code to test error handling
- Click on theat the top and select Replay response.
- Enter the URL that you would like to record or replay.
- (optional) If you would like to use regex for URL matching, click on thebutton and enter the regex URL expression in the text field.
- Visit the page that you would like to replay. The requests to the matching URL will be recorded if we have not seen it before, and replayed once it is recorded.
- To disable a replay response action, simply uncheck the checkbox on the left side of the row.
- To reenable, simply check the checkbox again.
- Simply click on the X button on the right side of the row to delete.
- Once a response is cached, you will see the cached URL in the URL.
- Click on the cached URL to open the Edit Response dialog.
- Update the response body as needed. You can also add, modify, or remove response header in the dialog.
- Once you are done, click the Save button.
- Once a response is cached, it will always get replayed.
- To clear the recorded response, click on the Clear cache button.